Protect your valuables
Here are some general tips for protecting your valuables: You should always visit a storage unit before you rent and make sure it is clean and secure. Visit your rental unit on a regular basis to make sure everything stays in order. For clean and secure storage, visit Volunteer Moving and Storage with eight locations in and around Knoxville, TN.
Do not store perishable items or combustible items (flammable or pressurized). Always keep an inventory of the replacement value for your items.
Here are some tips for packing items for protection:
· Your should place the heavy items at the bottom of the box
· Do not make boxes too heavy
· Do not overfill boxes
· Fill spaces in between with bubble wrap or other protection
· Pack books in small boxes (they get too heavy in large ones)
· Use furniture drawers to store fragile items
· Wrap fragile items in bubble wrap or clothing
· Label all boxes, especially those that contain fragile items
· Use cardboard to cover the floor before placing your boxes inside
· Empty fuel from lawnmowers, motorcycles or other vehicles before storing
· Buy good quality packing materials and plenty of them
· Use trash cans to store garden tools
· Large appliance such as dishwashers should be drained and doors left open
· Defrost refrigerators and leave doors open
· Use a good quality lock on your storage unit
· Cover upholstered furniture such as sofas
For more tips, follow our blog.