If you have opted for self-storage service, you need to need to make sure that you know how to pack and load it properly in order for your belongings to stay safe and also to have easy access to the things you need the most.
How can you make the most of your self-storage space? Here are some tips to consider as you pack and prepare to store your belongings:
- Always start with good quality storage boxes. At Volunteer Movers, you will find a large selection of cardboard boxes and other packing materials such as bubble wrap.
- Look for special boxes to protect fragile contents such as dishes and glasses and clearly mark them as fragile
- Use bubble wrap for fragile items. Bubble wrap can be used to:
o wrap table legs
o protect dishes and glasses before boxing them
o protect pictures and mirrors from breakage
- Do not overfill boxes. Doing so may cause boxes to tip over or collapse.
- Use small boxes to pack heavy items so they are not too heavy to lift
- Label all your boxes so you know the contents
- Create an inventory of what you are storing and keep the list at home
- Clean garden equipment before it is stored
- Use wardrobe boxes and leave clothes on hangers to help them keep shape
- Be sure you place items closer to the door that you expect to need soon / often
- Protect your furniture with soft covers such as blankets or sheets to keep dust out
- Clean refrigerators and leave the door open