Planning a move soon? Why hire a moving company?
There are lots of reasons to hire a moving company. It is hard work to pack, load and unload your furniture and boxes. Moving can be difficult, especially if you do not have experience with moving. Professional movers will make your move much easier than attempting to move yourself.
What to look for in a moving company:
- Services: Which services do you need? Many moving companies offer a full range of packing and unpacking services as well as packing supplies (at a cost). Decide how much you want to do and how much you would like to hire someone else to do.
- Do you just need someone to do the heavy lifting? Check your options if you are willing to get your own packing supplies and pack and unpack boxes. Hire movers to do all or part of the job.
- How many movers are included? For large jobs, consider paying extra for more movers.
- Ask for estimates. What is included? What do you have to pay extra for?
- Convenience: Is the moving company available when you want to move? They should be available when it is convenient for you.
- Insurance: Get insurance to cover furniture and high value items. Does you homeowners or rental insurance already cover a move? If not, get enough insurance to cover your move.
- Business Bureaus: Check with BBB. Make sure the moving company you are going to use has a good reputation and no complaints.
- Payment: Does the moving company take credit cards or checks or do they require cash only?
- Cancellation fee: Is there is a cancellation fee if you have to change the moving date?